Snapshots of Arkansas

IG Travel Thursday Snapshots of Arkansas

Y’all can I be honest for a second?

I love to see new places in the world.

And I really love Scotland.

But over half of my Instagram feed is made up of pictures of the little corner of the world that is my home state of Arkansas.

Because in addition to the fact that it’s my home and I miss it, Arkansas is really beautiful.

It hurts my heart how people travel to the US and never see the parts I find the most lovely, so in order to convince you to travel to (or at least through) The Natural State, I am featuring some Madly Talented Arkansas IGers this week for IG Travel Thursday.

These four folks are daily showing off the beauty of this great state!

IG Travel Thursday Snapshots of Arkansas

@taylor_josf

IG Travel Thursday

@joshuascarlson

IG Travel Thursday Snapshots of Arkansas

@thejeffrose

IG Travel Thursday

@maurensparrow

Three cheers for Arkansas, yo!

Do you Instagram + Travel? Join in on Instagram Travel Thursday if you want!

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Snapshots of Arkansas

1. GirlMeetsGlobe says:

Lots of beautiful photos!!

2. Gorgeous photos!!! And I have been to Arkansas, many times, I worked for an agency that was based in Bentonville, and have been there also for Walmart-business many times. Not impressed, and it looks like a suburban hell to me with all the shiny new stores and all. And THEN I had a client who is headquartered in El Dorado, and I was somewhat scared to go, and it ended up being the most amazing little town with the most charming B&B and the food was just perfect and people so friendly… I think I saw the real Arkansas there.

3. Who knew!?! I didn’t! Thanks for opening my eyes :-)

4. Lovely acounts. I’ve been to Arkansas a few times, but never had a change to venture out to the nature really. Looks beautiful our there!

• Alison says:

Out in the hills is where it’s at in Arkansas for sure. True for lots of other places in the US as well. How crazy you’ve been to AR though? Very fun.

5. I’m so glad you bring up the fact that true beauty can lie in places where people usually don’t travel. I’m really not much for those US travel destinations where at least most Finns travel to (NYC, Florida…), and usually try to venture elsewhere to see “small town America” as well. I would love to visit Arkansas one day!

• Alison says:

Yup. NYC, Orlando & Vegas are not really my favorite places. It just depends on the traveler I guess. :) I’m loving seeing the smaller towns and places in the UK that I would probably never have visited if we were not living here.

6. Loura says:

I loved living in the South, It is beautiful and the people are great + fireflies! I miss it.

• Alison says:

I do love me some Southern folk and fireflies. And the heat! I know it’s crazy but I miss the heat.

• Loura says:

This does not sound crazy at all to me!I went from California to Kentucky/Tennessee, to Washington state. I feel like I haven’t been truly warm in all the years I’ve been in the PNW.

7. This made me smile as half of my IG feed is from our current home, Norway, and majority of the images are not from the most visited regions and spots either! Arkansas looks beautiful, wish there was more days and hours in a year to travel (and money in the bank), right now I’m so into New Zealand that I’m just thinking of ways how I could travel back here soon again!

8. Those are some really beautiful photos! I think these are the first photos of Arkansas that I have ever seen. It’s not one of the states that comes to mind first for Canadians planning to visit the U.S. but clearly it should be on that list!

9. I went to school in Searcy an spent many weekends in horseshoe bend by the lake.

10. Cool! Thanks for giving me some new people to follow on IG.

11. I’ve not been to Arkansas, Alison. I bet it’s great. I love the hidden gems of the U.S.

• Alison says:

Same is true for so many states! I tend to really enjoy the overlooked places. Our best trips have involved long drives across the country where we see all kinds of small town fun.

12. jeanettadarley2013 says:

Arkansas really is the prettiest